Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Strange Pet

Terri has a story of an out-of-the-ordinary pet on her blog. This reminded me of a picture I took a long time ago. I once was looking for a secret surf spot I had heard about on Oahu's north shore. I was stumbling and sneaking through back yards when I came across the following sight:

This pig (or boar?) was chained to a post, and it had a bowl of water to keep its lips kiss-ably moist. I have never seen a pig chained up in a small, residential backyard before or since. Also, I have never see a big, black, hairy pig before. Therefore, I snapped a photo.

I wish I knew more about this story. Was he being fattened for a Samoan holiday, or is he some little boy's best friend? What do you name a pig like this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would be SCARED if I came upon a critter like this when I'm in someone's backyard. Yikes!