Sunday, August 26, 2007

A New Blog

Now that I am finished with my Undergraduate studies, I have four areas of focus:

  1. The family, as always.
  2. My Self: to improve my health and wealth.
  3. Organization of work and home: this consumes as much time as possible until it is attained because it touches every aspect of my life.
  4. Cisco Certified Network Associate; the coveted CCNA. This is a certification in my field that will improve my current and future employability/promotability. It has been a goal for seven years; I have attempted it twice. I will pass it this year, preferably by the end of September 2007.

The CCNA is a "must-have" if I wish to remain in my industry. It should have been attained a long time ago; I should be pursuing higher certifications now; this lack of certification has cost me jobs, promotions, and who knows what else; this certification will have a profound effect on my future.

Organizing my life is my primary focus. Everything else is sacrificed until I have attained my organization goals. However, I have a secondary focus for borrowed and free time: my CCNA. Soon, organization will consume less time and I can focus all my resources on the CCNA.

If I can finish my degree, my CCNA, and get a handle on my organization in 2007, what can I accomplish in 2008? I will need to learn to dream bigger, I think.

In order to focus on my CCNA, I am taking a class at the local community college. I do not think it will be enough to pass the exam, though. I need a deeper method of study. I have many options available to me, including books, software, websites, tutors, and lab practice. I think that by developing a networking blog I will create my own valuable resource, in addition to my other study methods. I learn more when I write, and when I try to teach my knowledge to other people.

Therefore, today I have created a networking blog: http://slobonetworks.blogspot.com/ If this blog you are currently reading ever hits a dry spell in the near future, it is probably because I am focusing on that blog. Perceptions of Reality will always be my first love and my primary blog. I will always return to this blog because it serves such a useful purpose in my life. In addition, I can never keep quiet when it comes to society and current events. However, it may have to take a backseat occasionally as I focus like a laser on my CCNA.

I leave today's post with a great quote from a great author:

"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's yourself." -Aldous Huxley

No comments: