Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Blogs Worth Mentioning

A few blogs I have enjoyed recently:

Lynciescott07 and AAADD

I stumbled onto this blog post this evening and laughed hysterically. Lyncie writes about Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder (AAADD)-whatever that is- and describes a typical day for her that starts out with great intentions, remains busy throughout, and ends exhausted, but with nothing accomplished. It is a quick read, and funny for those of us who can relate to being easily distracted.

http://mclowry.blogspot.com/

I am a voyeur. Not the perverted, bathroom-camera kind. The kind who people-watches in public places, silently cheering when quarreling lovers provide some drama. The kind who overhears through cubicle walls—don’t worry, I won’t tell your secrets, but I am judging you. I love reality TV like Gene Simmons Family Jewels for purely voyeuristic reasons. If I were the kind to peek in windows (I’m not) I would spend my time on the dining room and kitchen, not bathrooms and bedrooms. Voyeurism is what I love about Terri’s blog; she is a landlord to some very interesting people, including her own family. To boot, she is a fantastic writer (as a college writing professor, she’d better be, huh?)

http://blog.neatandsimple.com/

I just discovered this blog today and haven’t had time to dig deep. Even so, the few posts that I’ve read and the headlines in the archive assure me that I will gain a lot from this blog. Ariane Benefit is an organizing consultant, it appears, with a M.S. in Education. Her blog is devoted to uncluttering life, her own and anyone else who is reading. It is a timely find for me as I seek to unclutter a seemingly impossible situation.

http://technorati.com/

Technorati is how I find interesting blogs. Google has a search feature for blogs, and it may work better than Technorati. However, I am remaining loyal to my first love. I love technorati for two reasons. First, they make a great attempt at using web technologies to personalize the experience and make it as useful as possible. Some people just throw up a website and don’t give my opinion much thought when they do so; they focus more on trying to trick me into clicking a banner or buying stuff I don’t need. Technorati really wants you to find the blog you are looking for, and wants to help you find blogs you may be interested in but don’t know it yet. Secondly, Technorati is a place where I can search for myself and be found easily and prominently. I am an incurable narcissist on the Internet, what can I say?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug! I had planned to complete the landlord entries by the end of June and I still have a week of them to go.

I don't always write such "voyeuristic" pieces--but I have learned LOTS about human nature from being a landlord.

I'm off to "favorite" you at Technorati!