Monday, September 3, 2007

A New Series: Freedom and Corporate Social Responsibility

I have wanted to write a concise post about my political philosophy ever since I created this blog. It was a major reason why I was excited about the blog in the first place. My political beliefs are something that I have been developing and thinking about for years. I have also wanted to write about a concept that is of growing interest me: that of Corporate Social Responsibility. However, these two concepts are so large, and I have so many thoughts about them, that every attempt at either subject has resulted in frustration and a feeling of being overwhelmed.

As they twist and turn through my neurological fun house, they have begun to run into each other and merge. I now believe that that they are so intertwined that they could only be described together. This is exciting for me, because I am starting to put some thoughts together that I think will lead to something creative and important. On the other hand, this has only made the dream of a “concise” post become even more impossible.

I think that instead, I will “chunk” the information into smaller pieces over the next several days (or months, or years, whatever it takes.) In the next posting, I will talk about the concept that shapes almost every thought in my head and is the basis of my value system. This will lead to a discussion of how I view American Politics and where I stand. I will then discuss how my political world-view and my overriding value of freedom makes Corporate Social Responsibility such an important issue for our future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This will be a delicious thread. I too have attempted to articulate my political philosophy, but I wouldn't dare post it on my blog--I think I have let Limbaugh scare me that my moderate, but left leaning ideas have no foundation!