Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

I am not usually a Christmas kind of guy. Actually, for the last decade or so I have been the Grinch meets Scrooge. Having kids softened me a little, but not much. I usually just cringe and wait for the holidays to be over with.

However, for the last several weeks I have had a change of heart. Since I have been applying the principles in The Secret and Thank You Power, I have focused less on things I dislike and more on things I am thankful for or that I desire. This has allowed me to view Christmas differently.

With these new eyes, I can view Christmas as an opportunity to be generous rather than stingy. It is an opportunity to thank the people who I am grateful for. It is an opportunity to provide my kids with some great memories. Christmas has meaning for me again.

Therefore, I want to tell anyone who stumbles on this message: "Merry Christmas!" I sincerely hope that this holiday season is one of fortune, safety, love, and friendship. I hope you get everything you hoped for, and that you can have the satisfaction of giving someone the things that they hoped for.

No comments: